One more Nova Scotia month

Sunny windy days for the most part continued after all my brothers left the province. A time to relax and soak up a bit more sun reading my Kindle out on the deck.

It was also a time to take a break and do a weeklong road trip around the province. First stop was to visit the Mackay Cottage in Denver (40 minutes out of Antigonish) to visit Stephen and Kathy. Rainy and STRONG windy days (their dive platform even slipped its mooring overnight). Anyway great little visit in the huge cottage and great stone fireplace. Next I stopped off neat the town I went to University it to visit Darrell and Elaine. The have a lovely garden plot with chickens and cats roaming and a brook burbling. Darrell's sister and her husband were in to visit but mostly off at the Black Watch Reunion activities - still great to meet them in between. The other three of us took off and did an Annopolis Valley Wine tour which I really enjoyed.  Finally was a few days with my Aunt Lucia in Salmon River and visiting the cousins (both in town and out at the lake). I really like the shore walk that Jeanne and I did after visiting what will be her new home sometime in the next 12 months (once the fish plant is finished being converted to apartments - with on the shore balconies!). Lastly I stopped off to take my niece Kathryn to supper on my way through Antigonish on the the return leg (she is in the final stretch for her BA degree).

So more time with Mom and the L'Ardoise based cousins as the weather turns cooler and cooler. This morning down to 10C - so that says it is time to move..... on....  I fly out to Calgary tomorrow (11th) and then continue on the Thailand the next day (12th). Warm weather here I come. Canada - see you next year.



Popular posts from this blog

2019 Curaçao part 2

2016 Road Trip: Saint Pierre et Miquelon

New Brunswick adventure