Travel back to North America

So normally I would only start my travel blog after I had visited places I wanted to see and had things to share about family, friends, other people and things I had done or seen. BUUUTTTT this had been such a journey that I am posting early at the start of travels for the 2013 summer time.

Mom and I headed out on Thursday 11:00 from Phuket to go to Bangkok to stay overnight at the Novotel Airport hotel to have an easy time to get to Mom's 8:25 Friday flight. So far so good. We got to the airport checkin counter at 6:10 on Friday but the ANA people could not find the reservation. over an hour later it was discovered that Air Canada had changed the flights from ANA to United and emailed the WRONG email address so we were never informed. A call to Ivan to let him know and to see what he could find out on his end. And I finally got a hold of the booking Travel Agent, Josh, to whom I talked for an hour as he had Air Canada and Air Alaska on the other end to re-book Mom. Back to the hotel for most of the day - lucky it is right at the airport. And Mom did board her re-booked flight for a 9:30pm flight to Singapore followed by a 6 hour layover before United flight to Tokyo, ANA flight to Seattle and Alaska Air flight to Calgary - hopefully arriving 24 hours later that planned.

Back to the hotel for me and early to bed with a 3:30 wake up call to catch my 5:55 flight on Delta to Tokyo. That went without a hitch as did the boarding of the next Delta flight to LAX about 2 hours after arrival in Tokyo. But then commotion in the main cabin sometime after several hours into the flight. I was listening to my iTunes so did not hear the announcements about the flight now being diverted to Alaska to have the police offload and problem passenger. I found that out a couple hours later when I was looking at the flight tracker and saw the route pointing to Anchorage, and then talked to one of the flight attendants. Landed at Anchorage with its snow covered runways and waited while the police boarded, removed the passenger, and took on fuel. We were at the immigration queue in LAX at 12:10 but it took be an hour to go through the visitor's line which meant I missed the 1:10pm connecting Delta flight to San Diego. Now re-booked for the 7:06pm flight and hope that is the end!

I am looking forward to seeing Neil, Gayle and Abigayle who arrived in San Diego yesterday for a short visit.

For me: a short San Diego visit and then I board the Celebrity Century for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii and back - departing on April 3. Followed by a week in San Diego again and a week with Celine in Arizona before flying off to Calgary.

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Curaçao part 2

2016 Road Trip: Saint Pierre et Miquelon

New Brunswick adventure