Fraser Family Cottage

I headed out of Provincetown on August 15 and was sad to leave. It really was a wonderful stay. Toll ways were the "un-memorable" rule of the next two days as I worked my way out of the New England states. Thankfully the roads were much better and toll free through Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota.

Then my next adventure was crossing back into Canada where Canada Customs thought I needed to be more fully searched! OK just doing their jobs - unfortunately that delayed me by 70 minutes. At the end it was all my computer stuff that caused the delay... their IT expert was unable to figure out my GoPro video camera (really?), my bluetooth communicator for my hearing aid and my communicator for my Garmin GPS watch (OK those 2 are kind of out there!). No harm done I still arrived in early evening at Kerry and Donna's home in Winnipeg.

That evening I met Kerry's dad, Harold, again and he is in great shape (never mind that he is 90 years young).  I can just hope that I any where near in his shape when I am 90.

Next day it was off to the Fraser Family cottage (aka Harold's Hovel) on a small lake in Reddit, Ontario. It is always enjoyable to spend time at that cottage and on that fresh water lake. It is even better when other members of the Fraser clan are around. This time we had Kerry & Donna, his brother Greg & Shirley, another brother Gord, and his cousin Sherman & Judy.  Drinking and swimming every day and otherwise relaxing. A small cribbage tournament (Kerry and Greg versus Gord and Art, it was real close but the later 2 won 4 out of 7), a little bit of fishing only landed a snapping turtle (swallowed a hook and not happy but released still alive), and a jackfish that only Gord knows about.
Harold's Hovel

Gord entertaining

Fixing the angle of the motor on the new boat

Reaching for the camera to take photo of turtle on the line

Snapping Turtle swallowed hook - we did release him

Hooked! Snapping Turtle

Back on the road for the 2 day drive to Whitecourt. Stopped off in Saskatoon and was lucky enough to be invited for dinner at the home of Alana's boyfriend's parents new home (great evening watching the Canadian Football match between BC and Winnipeg - close and nearly an upset but in the end BC won).

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Curaçao part 2

2016 Road Trip: Saint Pierre et Miquelon

New Brunswick adventure