2018 New Zealand - Day 1 Auckland

After 14+ hours flying I arrived super early at just past 5:00am. My Bed & Breakfast would not be up for a few more hours so I hung around the small airport having a coffee and doing a bit of research. Then on to the Super Shuttle for the 30 minute drive in the the Grafton area of Auckland where I met Martin and dropped off my bags and headed out for the day (till my room would be ready around 3:00pm).

On a very nice sunny and warm (becoming warmer) day I walked towards the downtown along Queen Street to the harbour side. Main task was to take in the cityscape and to exchange currency. Tasks accomplished.









As I headed back up Queen Street I spotted the Auckland Art Gallery and went in for a couple of hours (still time to spare before lunch time would roll around).




For lunch I went to the highly recommended Parnell 149.  Fabulous food. The starter garden salad was on the sour note side with green apple thin sliced and peppery greens, My main was a snapper like white fish grilled with baby prawns, leaf spinach and a lime scented hollandaise sauce. A fantastic Christmas pudding with Brandy custard and vanilla bean ice cream finished the meal.


Now my back was telling me it was time to head for a rest. The inward walk took me through Auckland Domain and back to Martin & Damien’s B&B.
 Drinks with Martin and his menagerie of birds in the back patio.

Dinner was a spicy (for me) Laksa with chicken at the Malaysian restaurant Solera. 

And back once again to create this blog post and call it an early evening…

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Curaçao part 2

2016 Road Trip: Saint Pierre et Miquelon

New Brunswick adventure